Welcome to Northwest Family Dental Center.
A special message from Dr. Carlson and the staff at Northwest Family Dental Center:
Please read in entirety. Thank you!
As a result of Governor Walz’s last order we are now officially open; however, we would like to inform you that we are currently addressing all needs and phasing protocols to best treat our patients. We are looking forward to seeing and hearing from all of our patients, but would like you all to know we are working diligently to accommodate those patients with the most significant needs as well as those previously scheduled and canceled as a result of COVID-19. It is important for you to understand you are an absolute priority to us so we are working on ways to further accommodate you and others by adding time to our scheduled hours. It is our priority to keep our patients and staff healthy and protected so we will continue to monitor and follow the guidelines from the CDC, OSHA, ADA, MDA and the Minnesota Board of Dentistry. At your appointments, you will see the extent to which we have incorporated many new protocols even beyond some of the set recommendations and requirements.
As a result of COVID-19, our office has adopted some new protocols all for the safety of our patients and staff. Please see below:
* *If you are not set up to receive texts or emails written forms will be made available upon arrival**
• Our office will further communicate with our patients before scheduled appointments:
- Patients will receive a "confirmation of appointment" text and/or email two days prior to their appointment. Please respond to confirm your appointment as it will allow us to adequately manage our schedule.
- On the day of the scheduled appointment, patients will be sent a link via text and/or email prior to the appointment. The link will be a mandated COVID-19 screening and voluntary waiver that will be required during the pandemic.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment and then submit the COVID-19 screening and voluntary waiver upon parking within our lot. This will notify us that you have arrived for your appointment. If you do not receive text messages, please call 763-497-2367 to inform us of your arrival.
- When we are ready for you, we will send a text or call for you to enter. Please wear a mask for your protection and the protection of others. Being in a building with multiple office suites, this is a necessary requirement.
- Patients and family member(s) will be screened upon entry with a contactless thermometer. At this time, we are not allowing family members to wait in our waiting room, but will be allowed to wait in the operatory with the patient. The other option will be to wait in your car, and you will be contacted if needed.
- We will have a sanitizing dispenser for your safety as well as others upon entry/exit.
- Patients will then be escorted to their treatment rooms, where treatment and all other necessary discussions will take place.
• You will see our waiting and operatory rooms will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. There will be a limited number of chairs in the waiting room to respect social distancing. The reception space will be primarily for the intentions of patients needing to fill out written paperwork or forms.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, which may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Also, this may slightly alter entry and exit times for your appointment.
• Due to many of the new protocols, timing of exams, and appointments, we will continue to adapt and progress with our routines so we thank you in advance for your patience.
•The American Dental Association (ADA) with support of several insurance carriers (third party payers) have recommended submitting a code for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as a result of the significant increase in overall costs due in part to supply and demand. You may reference a statement from the ADA:
As a result, we will be adding a nominal fee of $10 per patient appointment. We appreciate your understanding and acceptance.
Lastly, please be aware that our phones will be busier than normal, but we will do everything we can to answer and address all desires. All of us at Northwest Family Dental Center want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding of our given situation. We are looking forward to seeing you all! Stay healthy!
**You will notice we look different! We are now required to wear a face shield or goggles, mask, and gown. Almost, like a little yellow duck?! Please reference our picture to show and share with your children!**
Our mission is to Serve!
Friendly Staff. Beautiful Smiles.